- “Size of the Tea Estate and Productivity of Tea: A Case Study”, The Deccan Geographer, Pune, Vol. 36, No. 1&2, 1998, pp.11-17, ISSN-0011-7269.
- “Land and Labour Productivities of Tea: A Case Study of Sonitpur District, Assam”, Hill Geographer, Vol. XV, No. 1&2, 1999, pp.44-50. ISSN-0970-5023.
- “Existing Examination System in Assam and Its Reformation”, Seminar Journal, DHSK
College, Dibrugarh, 2000, pp.40-42.
- “Family Planning; Perception and Expectation of Social Groups: A Case Study of Jorhat, Assam”, North Eastern Geographer, 2000, Vol.31, No.1 & 2, pp.45-51, ISSN-0973-0915.
- “Sex Composition of Population in Assam: A Geographical Analysis”, The Deccan Geographer, Pune, Vol. 40, No. 1, Jan-June, 2002, pp.43-52, ISSN-0011-7269.
- “Impact of Population factors on Agricultural Development in Jorhat District of Assam”, The Deccan Geographer, Pune, Vol. 42, No. 2, December 2004, pp.43-50, ISSN-0011-7269.
- “Viability of Small Family Norm in the Context of Gender Biasness: A Case Study in the
Outskirt of Jorhat Town, Assam”, Uttar Pradesh Geographical Journal, Vol.10, 2005, pp.1-4, ISSN-0975-4903.
- “Socio-Economic Realities in a Chronically Flood Affected Area of Majuli, Assam: Problems
and Prospects”, .UP Geographical Journal, Vol. 12, 2007, pp.42-48, ISSN-0975- 4903.
- “Education and Health of Women in JorhatDistrct Assam”,The Deccan Geographer, Pune, Vol. 48, No. 2, December 2009, pp.29-39.(International Geog. Journal),.ISSN-0011-7269.
- “A Glimpse on Spatio-Temporal Dimension of Female Literacy Rate in Assam”, in Srotaswini, (ed), S. Purkayastha& N. C. Bora, Vol-II, 2015, pp.14-17, ISSN-2277-5277.
Research Articles in Seminar Proceedings:
- “Population-Agriculture Relationship: A Case Study in the Jorhat District, Assam”, (ed), S. Singh, D.K.Nayak, B.S.Mipun, Proceedings of International Conference on Environment, Location Decisions, and Regional Planning, Geographical Society of North Eastern Hill
Region, Shillong, 2003, pp.135-146.
- A Behavioural Approach in Explaining Sibling Age-Gap-Another Alternative for Human Resource Development”, Proceedings of the National Seminar on Strategy for Resource Functioning of the India’s North-East: A Geographical Perspective”, NEIGS, N. N. S. College, Titabar, Aug. 3-4, 2009, pp.11-17.
“Transport and Communication System in Assam”, Geography of Assam, (ed) Bhagawati,
A.K. et al, Rajesh Publication, NewDelhi, 2001, pp.240-259. ISBN:81-85891-41-9.
Articles in Books:
- “Constraints of Economic Development in North East India: A Geographical Appraisal”, (ed)
Borah,D. and Saikia, P.D. Constraints of Economic Development In N.E. India, Agro-Economic Research Centre, Jorhat,1992, pp.16-21.
- “Jorhat City and J.B. College: Glorious Marching of a Spectacular History”, Socio-Economic & Political Change, (ed) B. Hazarika, Dept. of Pol. Science, J.B. College, 1998,pp. 1-11.
- “Socio-Economic Impact of Tea Industry on the Surrounding Localities: A Case Study”, State Politics in Assam, (ed) B. Hazarika, A.K.Baishya, Dept. of Political Science, J.B. College,
Jorhat, 2000, pp.134-140.
- “Janasankhya Bhugol: Patabhumi, Prasangikataaru Pratyahban”, Bhougolika, (ed) B. Barah
and J. Hazarika, Vol. XI, NEIGS, GU, 2000, pp.30-32 & 42. (in Assamese).
- “Geography Department of J. B. College-A Gloriou Marching Through Time”, Platinum Jubilee Souvenir, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2006, pp.41-53.
- “Demographic Dynamism in JorhatThrough Time”, Souvenir, Platinum Jubilee, J. B.
College, Jorhat, 2006, pp.194-200.
- “Declining Daughters-A Human Right Crisis”, in Human Right and Democracy, (ed)
B.Hazarika, Dept. of Political Science, J. B. College, Jorhat, Vol. III, 2007-08, pp.33-44.
- “State Water Policy of Assam: Water Policy or Water Exploitation”, in Bhogdoi, A Bi-ennial
Publications of the Department of Geography, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2007, pp.41-42.
- “BhougolikBitarkaaruMimansa”, in Jnanar Bikashar Kshetrat Bitarkar Bhumika” (ed) S.
Ahmed, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2007, pp.9-13. (in Assamese).
- “JorhatarNagariaMusalman-KshetrabhittikJanasankhyikPratibedan”, in Asamor Musalman Samaj aru Sanskritir Ruprekha, (ed) S. Ahmed, Jorhat Central Club, 2009, pp.
377-394. (in Asamese).
- “DurnityRudhibaKone”, in Jana-Ninad, A Commemoraqtive Volume on TN Sarma
Memorial Lecture, 2011.
- “Autonomy in Higher Education: Boon or Bane”, in SoikshikSwantraqta, (ed), J. Hazarika, A Commemoraqtive Volume on TN Sarma Memorial Lecture, 2015, pp.21-26
Popular Articles in Assamese Dailies and Others:
- “Jorhator Bhougolik Abasthan aru Arthanoitik, Samajik, Sanskrit Disot Iaar Prabhab”, Jorhat 2000, Jorhat 200, A Commemorative Volume.1996
- “UschaSiksharSankot”, Prantik, 16-31st August,1996.
- “Utpadansilata :DharanaaruPrayugik Dis”, Ajir Batori, Gauhati, 13-11-9
- “ChahaorUtpadonSilota: BartamanaruBhobishyat”, Ajir Batori, Gauhati, 24-1-94.
- “AsomotBradgajarSamprasaran: SambhabanaaruSangsoi”, Natun Dainik, Gauhati, 3-3-94.
- “SeujBiplabaruAsom”, Natun Dainik, Gauhati, 26-5-94.
- “AsomorKarmaharshmanBananchalaruSamashya”, Natun Dainik, Gauhati, 28-11-94.
- “Karst Sthalakriti”, Viswa Kosh (science section).
- “Asamot Dharma AnujayiJanasankhyaBridhi”, Dainik Janambhumi, Jorhat.
- “MaharajatJayantiBarshatJ.B.College” in two parts, Aji, 6th January, 2006.
- “SoikshikSwatantrata-AhbanaruPratyahban”, Dainik Janambhumi, 16th December 2015.
Popular Articles in English Dailies:
- “Population Growth in Assam”, Eastern Clarion, Jorhat, 23-11-1995.
- “Changing Demographic Profile of Assam”, The Assam Tribune, Guwahati, 13-4-96.
- “N.E. Population Growth”, Eastern Clarion, Jorhat,20-12-95.
- “Education and Fertility”, Eastern Clarion, Jorhat,8-12-95.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member: The Deccan Geographical Society, Pune, Bombay.
- Life Member: The Geographical Society of N.E.Hill Region, NEHU, Shillong.
- Life Member: North East India Geographical Society, G.U.,Assam.
- Life Member: N.E.India Political Science Association,G.U.,Assam
- Life Member: Uttar Pradesh Geographical society, UP, India.
Participation in Seminar/Workshop as Resource Person:
- Resource person in a Workshop on “Map Learning for Teachers and Students of Secondary Schools in Jorhat”, Assam Science Society, Jorhat Branch, 11th to 15th September 2009. Talk delivered on “History and Modern Trend of Mapping in India”.
- Key note Speaker on Students’ Seminar on “Policy Framework for Development and Resource Management in Assam”, Mariani College, Mariani, 19th November 2010.
- Resource Person in a UGC sponsored State Level Workshopon “Quality Enhancement of Environmental Studies”, Mariani College, Mariani, 5th -7th February
2011. Talk delivered on “Project Formulation: Problem and Methodology”.
- Resource person in a Workshop on “Preparation of Research Papers by TDC Students”, organized by Department of Assamese, J. B. College, Jorhat, Assam, 13th September 2010 (1st Phase). Talk delivered on “How to write a Research Paper”.
- Resource person in a Workshop on “Preparation of Research Papers by TDC Students”, organized by Department of Assamese, J. B. College, Jorhat, Assam, 25th September 2010 (2nd Phase). Talk delivered on “How to collect and analyze data”.
- Resource person in a Workshop on “Basic Considerations for Writing a Research Paper”, organized by Department of Political Science, J. B. College, Jorhat, Assam, 25th September 2010. Talk delivered on “How to write a research paper”.
- Resource Person in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Conservation and Utilization of Resources in North East India-A Vision Plan of Green World”, Department of geography, Nagaon College, Nagaon.
- Resource Person in a UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Deforestation in North East India and Its Impact”, Mariani College, Mariani, 28th& 29th January 2011.
Project Work Completed:
- Family Planning Performance in and around the Jorhat City of Assam: A Geographical
Analysis”, sponsored by UGC No. F5-42/96, MRP/NER), Dtd. 25th January 1999.
- Population and Agriculture: A Correlative Study in the Jorhat District of Assam”,
sponsored by UGC vide letter No.F.5- 84/2003-04/(MRP/NERO) dtd. 23rd June2004.
- “Population Characteristics of Scheduled Tribe People and Its Implication for Population Policy: A Case Study of the Deori Tribe of the Upper Brahmaputra Valley Assam”, sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi ide letter No.5-78/2003/NER/RP, January 2005.
Six research Scholars have been working under my guidance. Details are given below:
Name of the Scholar
Mr. Debojit Boruah
“Opportunities and Challenges of Rural Tourism with Special reference to Golaghat District of Assam”
Mr. Bijoy Ch. Ghosh
Socio-economic implications of ageing under different environmental settings with special reference to Bengali community of Jorhat district of Assam”
Mr. Sadiqur Rahman
Mr. Dip Ranjan Chetia
Special Workshop Attended (Duration 10 days):
- “South Asian Peace Studies”, a Refresher Course organized by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Calcutta from 20th to 29th Oct. 1997, sponsored by
United Nations Higher Commissioner for Refugees.
- Workshop on “Social reality and Social Research in North East India”, sponsored by ICSSR, Shillong, from 10th to 19th Oct.2002.
- A two-day Workshop on Higher Education in Affiliated Colleges of Assam, Organized
by IQAC, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2008.
Regional Seminar attended:
- “Pollution and Environmental Degradation With Special Reference to North East India”,
organized by DCB Girls College, Jorhat, 27-28th September 1996.
- “Society and Development of Tea Garden Labourers in North East India with Special Reference to Barak Valley”, Organized by Dept. of Sociology, Assam University, Silchar,2nd& 3rd Feb. 1998 (Paper presented).
National Seminar Attended:
- “Existing Examination System in Assam and its Reformation”, Organized by DHSK College, Dibrugarh, 28th Feb. 1998 (Paper presented).
- National Conference of Indian Geography Congress (XX), NAGI, held at DDU, Gorakhpur
University, UP, 28th to 30th Dec. 1998 (Paper presented).
- Workshop on “Development of Tourism in Assam: Problems and Prospects”, Organized
by TheSociety for Environment Protection and Human Resource Development (SEP-HRD), Aug. 23rd and 24th , 2003.
- Biennial Conference of North east India Geographical Society, Jagiroad College, Nagaon, April 27th -28th, 2002.
- National Conference of Indian Geography Congress (XXVI), held at Rohtak University, Haryana, 5th to 7th, 2004 (paper presented).
- National seminar on Best Practices in Higher Education with Special Reference to N E India”, Organized by IQAC, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2006.
- National seminar on Demographi Dynamism in North East India: Opportunities & Challenges, Organized by Department of Geography, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2007.
- National seminar on Indian Women in Present day Society, Organized by Women Cell of J. B. College, Jorhat, on 31st August and 1st September 2007..
- International Conference on Environment, Location Decision and Regional Planning, Dept. of Geography, NEHU, Shillong, 5th to 9th March, 2002.
- Indo-Polish Seminar on Environment and Natural Hazard, Dept. of Geography, NEHU,
Shillong, Nov. 2006.
- International Seminar-Land Use, Biodiversity and Climate Change, organized by Dept. of Geography, Cotton College, Guwahti, from 11th to 13th December 2010 (Paper presented).
- Chief Coordinator for the National seminar on Demographic Dynamism in North East India: Opportunities & Challenges, Department of Geography, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2007.
- Joint Coordinator for the National seminar on Best Practices in Higher Education with Special Reference to N E India”, Organized by IQAC, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2006.
- Coordinator of UGC Sponsored Workshop on “Philosophy and Methodology of Research in Geography”, Department of Geography, J. B. College, Jorhat, 27-29th May 2010..
- Joint Editor, BHOUGOLIKA, An Assamese Journal in Geography, published by NEIGS, Dept. of Geography, Gauhati University, Assam, 2001-02 and 2002-03.
- Editor of the Bhogdoi, A Bi-ennial Publications of the Department of Geography, J. B. College, Jorhat, 2010.