MAJOR SELECTION IN ARTS STREAM
Students opting for Major in English and Political Science will have to appear in a selection test to be held prior to admission in First Semester Degree (Arts) class .
Details regarding selection process and eligibility to appear for selection test for the respective departments are given below :
- Department of Economics
- 60% marks aggregate in the 10+2 Examination
- 60% marks in Economics
- 50% marks in English
- For Science Stream
- 55% aggregate in 10+2 Examination
- 45% aggregate in Mathematics
- 45% aggregate in English
- Department of English
- There will be an English Major Selection Test (EMST), preferably held at least 5 (five) days before the date of admission to the BA 1st Semester course.
- The criteria for selection to the English Major course will consist of three elements; viz- a) EMST performance (60%), b) aggregate marks in 10 + 2 examination (20%), and c) Marks in English in the
10 + 2 examination (20%).
- The EMST will consist of a single paper of 60 marks.
- Only candidates having 60% marks in aggregate and 70% marks in English at the 10 + 2 examination will be eligible to sit for the EMST.
- The total number of seats available for English Major is 50 (fifty).
- Department of Geography
- 1st Division in 10+2 Examination
- 75% Marks in Geography & 55% in English in 10+2 Examination.
- Selection will be made on the basis of the total score equivalent to
- twice the marks obtained in geography (theory) + marks in the geography (practical)
- marks in excess of 30% in the subjects select as MIL and the core for Degree course.
- Dept. of Political Science
- 50% in English
- 60% in Political Science
- 60% aggregate in the last 10+2 Examination
- Department of Assamese
- 70% in Assamese
- 40% in English
- 55% Aggregate at 10+2 Examination
- Additional weightage for the students having Advance Assamese in the 10+2 Examination
- Department of History
- 55% in History in 10+2 Examination
- 45% in English in 10+2 Examination
- Department of Philosophy
- 45% in Logic & Philosophy in 10+2 level
- 40% in English in 10+2 Examination
- Marks of Logic &Philosophy to be added to the total
marks secured by the candidates in the 10+2 Exam.
Merit list to be prepared on this basis.
- Department of Sanskrit
- 45%in Sanskrit in the 10+2 level
- Pass marks (without grace) in English
It is to be noted that in the selection process of both Major and Non Major the Government Reservation Policy will be followed.
MAJOR SELECTION IN SCIENCE STREAM
The admission will be on the basis of total markets obtain in qualifying examination and criteria of the concerned department. The students will have to come along with two sets of filled up forms on the day of admission.
|Departments||Minimum Eligibility Criteria|
|Botany||At least 55% marks in Biology, 40% marks in Chemistry & 45% marks in English in the 10+2 Examination.|
|Chemistry||At least 60% marks in Chemistry +40% in Mathmathics in the 10+2 Examination.|
At least 60% marks in Physics and 40% marks in Mathematics in 10+2 Examination.����������������������������������������������������������
|Zoology||At least 55% marks in Biology, 40% marks in Chemistry & 45% marks in English in the 10+2 Examination.|
|Geology||The candidate must have passed in physics, chemistry and Mathmathics at 10+2 Examination with a total marks of 180 in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (with relaxation of 10 marks for the students having Geology in 10+2 legel).|
|Mathematics||At least 45% in Mathematics in the 10+2 Examination.|
|Statistics||At least 35% marks in Mathematics in the 10+2 Examination.|
Eligibility to study Biotechnology (core):
- Chemistry and Biology is mandatory at the 10+2 level.
- 50% of total marks + 50% of marks from Chemistry and Biology, secured at the 10+2 will be calculated to work-out the merit list.
SELECTION IN COMMERCE STREAM
Selection in B.Com Programme is on the basis of merit. In the selection process reservation policy will be followed.