J. B. College Career CounsellingCell
1st floor, P.G Building
Email: email@example.com Blog: jbccclOl.blogspot.in
(Better Career for Brighter Tomorrow)
In view of the new and emerging vocations, it has become necessary on the part of all stakeholders of an educational institution, particularly the institutions of higher learning; to remain focused on the latest developments in various fields, so as to acquaint our students with the changing world of academics, job and other economic activities. The JB College Career Counselling Cell was established in 2001, to cater to this need. JB College Career Counselling Cell, has now become a very important part of students’ support service in the college, and has been playing a very important role by carrying out various activities and organizing a host of events for the greater interest of the students.
- Career Counselling.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes In Collaboration with Central and State level organizations.
- Trainings/ Seminars/Workshop/ Invitational Lectures are organized on regular basis.
- Update of career/ Job/ Scholarship/ Academic information.
- Campus interviews from time to time.
- Reading materials useful for Career/ Job are available .
Activities in 2014 - 15
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME : On 26th August 2014 J B College Career Counseling Cell organized a programme on Personality Development in collaboration with ILFS, Guwahati in conference Hall I from 2 pm.70 students participated in this programme. Mrs. Nivedita Borthakur of ILFS was the resource person of the programme.
THREE DAYS WORKSHOP : A three days workshop on the topic 'Career as a Make up Artist' was organized by JBCCCC and extension service of Student Union Body of J B College on 3rd ,4th and 6th September 30 students participated in the programme and Mrs. Dipti Das, instructor of ITI Jorhat was the key resource person.
WORKSHOP ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT : JBCCCC Career Counseling cell organized a Workshop on Entrepreneurship Development from 15th to 28th September 2015 in collaboration with NESSIA. The programme was sponsored by Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt. of India. Altogether 33 students participated in the programme.
WORKSHOP -CUM-AWARENESS PROGRAMME : JBCCCC jointly organized a national workshop- cum- awareness programme on the topic-"Health and Healthy Lifestyle" with Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development on 27th and 28th February 2015.120 students participated both from the college and outside of the college. There were nine resource persons who provided valuable lectures and training for healthy life.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME : JBCCCC organized a 15 days training programme on' Designer Candle Making" from 12th March to 27th March.. The resource person was Mrs. Sipra Sinha Das.
MOCK TEST : JBCCCC organized a mock test on Bank/SSC/MAT^in collaboration Career Choice on 22nd April 2015. 35 students participated in the mock test.
The Road Ahead....
- Creation of a digital database of information of students, including all the previous Alumni’s of the College.
- Regular publication of general Information Brochure containing basic information regarding career and jobs is planned, which would be printed and distributed among the students of arts, science and commerce.
- Creation of an independent website of the Career Counseling Cell where the students can update their feats, achievements & current employment details and other relevant information.
- Introduction of specialized short-term courses for development of soft skills and leadership quality will be introduced.
- Linkages with Government organizations have served well in creating an ideal atmosphere, the future plan is to take it to the next level and introduce some new skill based courses which can create avenues for self employment as soon as he steps out of the college.